- Horizontal zoom - Improved Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
- Piano roll - Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
- Note handle - On note selection to rescale length
- Piano roll wave-display - Align notes to audio events.
- Magic lasso - Circle mouse around Notes or Clips to make a selection.
- Autosave / Autobackup - See F10 File options.
- Browser Autohide - See the Browser menu options.
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips - Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Bock-tracks.
- Shift + Mouse Wheel - Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns
Notable fixes/changes in FL Studio 9.5 •Larger mixer view & waveform metering - The Mixer View options include 'Wide tracks' and 'Waveforms'.
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
- Live Playlist marker types - Playlist markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances.
- 64 bit plugin support - The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit 'Bridged' mode.
- Improved memory management - Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio's memory allocation. ◦1. 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in 'Bridged' mode that runs the plugin and its memory allocation in a separate process.
◦2. Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation.
- Improved audio options - ASIO: 'Mix in bufferswitch' and 'Triple buffer' may improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised 'Playback tracking' options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
- Fully automatic PDC - The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
- Piano roll transport control - Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
- Ctrl+B (Clips & Notes) - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- Piano roll - Rounded notes view.
- Left-Shift resize splits - Works on Clips in the Playlist or notes/chords in the Piano roll.
What's New in Version 12.0.1:
- Updated Editions with more value – FL Studio Fruity edition gains Automation Clips. Producer edition gains Sytrus & Maximus. Signature Bundle gains Harmless, Newtone, Gross Beat and Pitcher. Existing owners also get these great additions. See the complete feature comparison here.
- Vectorial UI – FL Studio is now 100% vectorial allowing it to be used on 4, 5 or even 8K monitors with pin-sharp fidelity.
- Mixer – Completely redesigned mixer, dynamically resizable with 6 layout styles plus 3-user configurable docking panels (left, centre and right) for track management. Multi-fader selection and adjustment. Improved mixer track grouping. Multi-touch support. 10 FX slots per track. Many new multi-track routing automated options. Enhanced grouping and submix functions. The dedicated ‘Send’ channels have been replaced with general purpose send tracks and added to the overall track-pool.
- Updated plugins – 3xOSC, Edison, Formula Controller, Peak Controller, Keyboard Controller gain vectorial UIs. Envelope Controller (8 articulators, Mod X/Y envelopes & vectorial UI), Send (can now send to any mixer track & vectorial UI), Hardcore (new tube distortion effect & convolution based cabinet simulation), Patcher (Plugins open outside patcher. Auto patcherizing of existing plugins & multi-touch support). Fruity Convolver new impulse library by Soundiron. Finally, the Channel Settings are now integrated into the Wrapper. ZGameEditor Visualizer – Loads all popular video formats and gains 4K+ rendering.
- Piano roll – Time markers added for labelling and looping purposes. Auto-zoom can now be switched off in the General Settings. Stamp tool replaces chord tool and allows users to click in chords from a selector. Macro to find overlapping notes.
- Playlist – Drop multiple stems or Audio Clips on the Playlist from any Windows file browser.
- Browser – Improved layout with user configurable category tabs (name and icon). The default categories include Files, Plugins and Current Project providing key content at a glance. Improved file management with Right-click delete options for most content.
- Multi-touch support – Multi-touch has been extended to Mixer functions, Channel settings and Control Surface. Swap between Windows Multi-touch and FL Studio Multi-touch modes.
- Improved 32 & 64 Bit VST plugin support – The wrapper has been redesigned to improve stability and compatibility. The FL Studio Plugin scan tool now allows unlimited VST search locations and quick favoriting. ...and many more.